Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sweat.

"I would rather be covered in sweat at the gym than covered in clothes at the beach"

I saw this quote on Pinterest early this morning.  I took Tristan to the beach today.  It is absolutely GORGEOUS outside.  Upper 70s, sunshine, a few clouds to break it up just enough, on the beach there was a nice breeze to cool off the sun..... PERFECTION.  And I was hot as hell because I was wearing capris and a t-shirt.  I could've been in a bathing suit today, or at least shorts and a tank top.  But no, I'm too fat and gross to subject the public to that.

There is no greater motivation than that feeling I felt today.

So, we got home from the beach and Tristan went straight to bed.  I had a lunch of tuna salad on two mini whole wheat bagels with 1/2 slice of fat free american cheese on each sandwich, with a side of SkinnyPop popcorn (my new favorite!!).  Then I started reading for school on the deck.  All I could think of was how I could be doing this in a bathing suit catching some sun, instead I was sweating.... again.  So, instead of whining about it anymore I got up off my ass.  Tied my still too new looking sneaks on my feet, grabbed Power90, grabbed my dumbells from my car and headed to the basement.  I let Tony Horton have his way with me.  It hurt to walk back up the stairs from that workout, I needed two hands to hold my cup of water, and it hurts to type right now.  AND I LOVE IT.


SWEAT.

90 days from today is July.  That is half way through summer.  I have to push hard.  I need results soon.  I'll be using our treadmill as well as Power90.

I'm going to decorate our basement with an old bikini, a pair of shorts, and the pair of jeans I'm determined to wear again.  

NO EXCUSES.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment